- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt.Preheat the broiler. Broil for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked through, turning once halfway through.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato puree to the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the broiled chicken to the sauce and stir to coat. Add the heavy cream and cook for another 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro.
Enjoy your delicious homemade chicken tikka masala!